1/03/2006

Weather, etc.

Yes, we talk about the weather a lot in ND. For the past few weeks it has been quite foggy in the morning. It is very pretty with the snow on the ground (did I mention that we received approx. 10" of snow last Thursday?), but makes for interesting driving. Temps have been above normal (the average normal low in January is -1) for which we have been thankful.

My favorite husband celebrated his 40 something birthday last week. He enjoyed hearing from several of his siblings. The same day we celebrated our family Christmas. I might be willing to make this a tradition as shopping after the official day made for less expensive wrapping paper, bows, and gifts.

We (the children and I - husband was working) enjoyed a wonderful Christmas Day with friends. Great friends, wonderful food, fun sledding, a delightful day. Christmas Eve was not quite as pleasant. The children and I found ourselves watching traffic zoom by on 94 while waiting for a tow truck. The tow truck driver was efficient, but not very talkative.

Classes started for the children yesterday. I begin classes next week. I plan to purchase books today. "Wednesday school" for the kids is canceled for this week leaving us with an extra day to catch-up.

We enjoyed the cards and letters we received from each of you. We appreciate seeing photos of children that can't be that big (because that means that I am growing older) and reading about what each family has been doing.

No comments: