11/09/2007

Cell Phone Death

No, this isn’t one of those news stories about the possible link between brain cancer and talking on your cell phone 24/7, but rather an obituary for my cell phone. On Monday I turned it on, checked voice mail and it was perfectly intact. Tuesday evening (with no known trauma) when I went to make a call the internal display was black in some areas and very fuzzy in others. It still receives calls and I can make calls, if I know your number by heart. True, the battery life isn’t what it should be, but I love my little phone. Our technologically savvy son (aren’t all teenagers this way?) was able to back-up my contact list of 253 wonderful people (many of whose numbers I only have in my cell). Now I wait for my husband to decide if we want to extend our contract and go with the BOGO phones or if we make an outright purchase because I am finding it increasingly difficult not to conduct business as I zoom up and down 94 at 75 mph.

No comments: