3/01/2005

What did you do this weekend?

We had a busy Sunday afternoon. The kids attended a birthday party at a bowling alley. The girls had never been bowling and it's been about 11 years since Matthew hit the lanes. Bowling alleys sure have changed since I was a regular bowler (WAY back when I was dating). There was no smoking, it was clean, there was a computer scoring - greatly appreciated since I never learned that skill, there was good lighting - gone were the dark, mysterious corners, there was no drinking - the bar was in a separate room. It was great.

After the bowling alley I shifted gears and went a baby shower for two ladies at church. Mark and the kids went over to some friends house to wait - for some reason they didn't want to come :). I thought it would be a low-key event. Wrong. We have some amazing hostesses in our church and the church basement was literally transformed. There were quite a few ladies present and the food was great. One of the women is having a home birth and I'm supposed to help with her kids at the birth. It will be the 2nd one I have attended. I'm a hospital girl, but am respectful of others wanting to be able to make other choices.

I finished the taxes. I had to do them on my Mom's computer as ours is 8 years old and won't support the tax preparation software. I think some of the return should go toward a new system. It's time.

Today I'm off to the dentist for a cleaning and to get a filling replaced. The kids love my dentist's office. The receptionist hands out handheld games (which we don't own) and the kids literally don't move for the entire time I'm in the chair.

That's all for now - time to hit the treadmill. So far so good!

No comments: