5/09/2005

Update & Happy Mother's Day

#10 (the prolapse mom) had her baby on 5/4. She had a little girl all by herself, no assistance needed.

Happy Mother's Day one day late. I didn't know how much my Mother meant to me until I became a mother and learned what total unconditional love is like. That said, here is how we spend Mother's Day at our house:

We worked on cleaning my husband's part of the barn. We had to work around a hen who decided to set in one corner. A dog came running by the patio doors. A pretty black and white female border collie with a collar. Called the sheriff, no lost dogs. Called the local radio station and no return calls yet. The kids thought she was great (she can shake with both paws), until she killed a rooster. Now the dog has been chained to the dog house. I have called the postmaster (she knows everyone) to see who has a black and white border collie that might have run last night during the storm. She is going to put up a sign at the post office and we are going to show the mailman when he comes with the mail today. We also tagged, castrated and docked tails on the remainder of the lambs- that was before breakfast. 26 lambs this year - unless one more mother surprises me with a baby. I think we are done though.

It's a rainy Monday here, but no one is complaining as it was very dry. The farmers were seeding like crazy trying to beat the rain. We have let the sheep out into the big pasture and the electric fence seems to be holding.

Let's see other news - our youngest has a loose tooth. Just a few weeks left of school. I need to order ITBS (assessment) tests for the two oldest. That's all for today!

Enjoy your day!

No comments: