2/25/2005

Today

Today should be relatively uneventful. Homeschooling, cleaning and exercising - probably in that order. We went to two libraries yesterday (following dental appointments for the kids) so there are books everywhere. The books need to be corralled into a laundry basket - or two. At any given moment, we have approximately 100 books checked out of area libraries - we go to three. If each child checks out ten at each library - we are up to 90 right there. Yes, they do read most of them.

We have tried to instill a love of reading in the kids and it seems to have worked! I smile as I used to clear library shelves when I was a child (I still do when there is time). My mother worked on the bookmobile at the city library, so after school we would wait for her to return from the day's run, and we would all head home. While we waited, the four of us (I have 3 younger brothers), would do our homework and then would inhale our favorite author's work. Our limit (to check-out) was 10 books each. The pick-up truck cab got pretty crowded with four kids, lunch boxes, homework, snowsuits and 40 library books. We also did not have a television and that contributed greatly to our reading. All stories for another day. Can you tell I am stalling? The day must go on.

No comments: